The Official XBOX Gaming Forum
Welcome! You are in the forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! You are in the forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickle Review 1

3 posters

Go down

Pickle Review 1 Empty Pickle Review 1

Post by froggiefresh Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:43 pm

Van Holten Dill Pickle   2/2/2024
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

this pickle left much to be desired. the juice had an unpleasant, tart-vinegary smell. the pickle itself did not have the classic fermented garlicy flavor that is expected with dill; instead it had an odd bitterness. this was offputting to say the least.
the texture was decent. there was a nice crunch factor, but the skin was a little tough and rubbery. decline in sensory due to old age is typical of these types of products... no obvious signs of spoilage...

i must applaud the novelty of this product. the girthiness of the pickle is incredibly satisfying to bite into, albeit messy. a to-go pickle is an incredible idea, although i do believe other brands have perfected it.  bounce

my final complaint is the packaging... according to the nutrition label, it is expected to have 5 servings. OUT OF THIS ONE PICKLE. and yet... the packaging is NOT

resealable

. is one expected to consume this jumbo pickle, fulfilling 80% of their recommended sodium intake with one snack? No, i think NOT. don't be ridiculous. Mad

all in all, i think this is a fun product. however, the execution has not exceeded its competitors. i will not be reaching for van holten's pickles when i have picklish cravings., and i hope to unveil better pickle products for your consumimg pleasure.

SPECIAL THANKS TO ELI FOR SPONSORING THIS PICKLE REVIEW

outro
hi all, thank you for reading My First Pickle Review~! this is a project i have a lot of passion for, so expect to see more in the future. tune in for more reviews  and forum posts. signing off, froggie fresh (2012). tongue

Last edited by froggiefresh on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
froggiefresh
froggiefresh

CandyPoints : 188

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Alignment:
HP:
Pickle Review 1 Left_bar_bleue25/25Pickle Review 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)

ishtarfan39 and morvban398 liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Pickle Review 1 Empty Pickle Review 1

Post by ishtarfan39 Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:43 pm

The member 'froggiefresh' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Chairsma Chack' :
Pickle Review 1 Animated-number-image-0006
ishtarfan39
ishtarfan39
Admin

CandyPoints : 281

Character sheet
Name: Fi
Race: 要請騎士
Class: Yuri Soldier
Alignment: Yuri Kingdom
HP:
Pickle Review 1 Left_bar_bleue1/2Pickle Review 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

https://eserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pickle Review 1 Empty Re: Pickle Review 1

Post by morvban398 Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm

froggiefresh wrote:Van Holten Dill Pickle   2/2/2024
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

this pickle left much to be desired. the juice had an unpleasant, tart-vinegary smell. the pickle itself did not have the classic fermented garlicy flavor that is expected with dill; instead it had an odd bitterness. this was offputting to say the least.
the texture was decent. there was a nice crunch factor, but the skin was a little tough and rubbery. decline in sensory due to old age is typical of these types of products... no obvious signs of spoilage...

i must applaud the novelty of this product. the girthiness of the pickle is incredibly satisfying to bite into, albeit messy. a to-go pickle is an incredible idea, although i do believe other brands have perfected it.  bounce

my final complaint is the packaging... according to the nutrition label, it is expected to have 5 servings. OUT OF THIS ONE PICKLE. and yet... the packaging is NOT

resealable

. is one expected to consume this jumbo pickle, fulfilling 80% of their recommended sodium intake with one snack? No, i think NOT. don't be ridiculous. Mad

all in all, i think this is a fun product. however, the execution has not exceeded its competitors. i will not be reaching for van holten's pickles when i have picklish cravings., and i hope to unveil better pickle products for your consumimg pleasure.

outro
hi all, thank you for reading My First Pickle Review~! this is a project i have a lot of passion for, so expect to see more in the future. tune in for more reviews  and forum posts. signing off, froggie fresh (2012). tongue

hi pickle princess! (NOT PENIS)
slop monarch here. i wanted to reach out and say you are pickle posting has been really inspirational to me. ive been thinking abt marrying off my third son, possibly daughter. i think [PRONOUN PENDING] is going to transition.

if yu are interesting. the offer will stand. we have a lot of cultural exports, mostly slop. its entirely lsaop.

please know ur nation has our undying support and loyalty. i hope u are well, ur welcome on our Doorstyeps anytime. please warn me beforehand tho, i am skittish and prone to execution.,

anyways. anxiuously awaiting ur response. for i have not taken my Medication alien alien Pickle Review 1 Propranolol-from-1977-crystal-structure-3D-balls-side
morvban398
morvban398

CandyPoints : 287

Character sheet
Name: morven
Race: 7mph
Class: dunban
Alignment: wrap text
HP:
Pickle Review 1 Left_bar_bleue103/103Pickle Review 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (103/103)

ishtarfan39 enjoyed this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ishtarfan39 Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm

Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

resealable

outro

hi friging fresh!!! alien geek geek youre pickle review is so cool!!!!! Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Smile Razz Razz i lopve pickles too so maybe we should have a pickele topgether pig pig pig pirat tongue just a thought lol! lol!

Pickle Review 1 1000_F_99250895_sIPWCrnhSd0eeBFmqX9pXHyeLAJacvZK
JAPANESE PICKLES (TSUKEMONO)

Pickle Review 1 JAPANESE-HOMESTYLE-PICKLES-prep-photo-17

Tsukemono are Japanese pickled vegetables. They are often served with rice as a condiment or in bars with drinks. (pickles make people thirsty!) All sorts of vegetables can be made into tsukemono, including baby eggplant, cucumbers, or even chayote squash, but one of my favorites to make is Daikon radish. These Japanese Pickles are super fast, and give an umami jolt to anything you serve them with.

Any traditional Japanese meal, including breakfast, requires pickles. They are ubiquitous and plentiful. Many times you will see a small beautiful assortment, highlighting seasonal veggies. So you might see cucumbers and eggplant in the summer or cabbage and radish in the winter. Since Japanese people prefer plain unseasoned rice at meals, the accompanying food tends to be more aggressively seasoned. Japanese pickles adds the salty, sour, crunch factor that lifts the meal and makes it more satisfying. So here we go…

Pickle Review 1 JAPANESE-HOMESTYLE-PICKLES-prep-photo-20

LET’S GET PICKLING!
Even if you’ve never pickled anything before, these Japanese Pickles are so easy. This is a quick pickle, meant to be consumed within a couple weeks. That means we won’t be worrying about sterilizing jars, sealing lids, fancy canning equipment, or anything intimidating. You can do this, I promise. The one thing you will need though is a sharp knife (or mandoline) to make very thin slices of the daikon radish. (Subscribe and get my free tutorial on how pros sharpen their knives)

JAPANESE PICKLES
While the process for making these quick pickles is similar to making western style cucumber pickles, there are some traditional ingredients that lend incredible savory depth and make them uniquely Japanese. Sometimes I find pickles to just have a harsh, one note, vinegary flavor. Not these! Kombu adds a little briny taste of the ocean, soy sauce brings umami saltiness, and seasoned rice vinegar (which is much more mild in flavor than white vinegar) brings the gentle acidity that pickles the radish.

Daikon radish is used throughout Asia. It looks like an enormous white carrot, and has a very mild and almost sweet flavor. Also, depending on when it is harvested, it can also range from gentle to moderately peppery heat. One medium size radish or half a large one will be enough for this recipe. Start by peeling it, and then slicing it lengthwise into quarters:

Pickle Review 1 SALT-THE-DAIKON-TOSS-TO-MIX.-LET-REST-FOR-30-MINUTES.

While the daikon is being salted, occasionally mix and squeeze it to help release moisture. Then it’s time to make the pickle brine. Cut the kombu into small squares, or break it up into smaller pieces with your hands and add them to a bowl with with soy sauce, and rice vinegar. If I have any dashi powder on hand, I’ll add a dash of that, but it’s great without it too.

Then I scoop out the daikon, squeezing out and discarding the extra liquid, and add the radish to the brine.

Pickle Review 1 JAPANESE-HOMESTYLE-PICKLES-prep-photo-10

Once everything is mixed, I pack it into a jar and put in the fridge. The beauty of pickles is that the taste just gets more complex every day. These will keep at least two weeks in the fridge, though in my house they never last that long. Don’t forget to use a clean utensil when scooping it out-no fingers!

Pickle Review 1 JAPANESE-HOMESTYLE-PICKLES-prep-photo-13

Japanese Pickles are excellent on grain bowls, or alongside Short Rib BBQ, Miso Salmon, or just with a bowl of steamed rice. If you’re feeling ambitious, go for a traditional Japanese breakfast with some simple veggies, maybe a fried egg or grilled fish, miso soup, and some pickles! Let us know what uses you find for them by leaving a comment below or tagging us @funkyasiankitchen. We love hearing from you!

ABOUT ME

Hi there!

Pickle Review 1 Kazu-Abe-2020-e1602778604797

I’m Kazu, a restaurateur in Miami who wants to show you all of the best tricks for creating restaurant quality Asian meals at home.
ishtarfan39
ishtarfan39
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

froggiefresh enjoyed this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by froggiefresh Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:32 pm

morvban398 wrote:
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

resealable

outro

slop monarch here. i wanted to reach out and say you are pickle posting has been really inspirational to me. ive been thinking abt marrying off my third son, possibly daughter. i think [PRONOUN PENDING] is going to transition.

if yu are interesting. the offer will stand. we have a lot of cultural exports, mostly slop. its entirely lsaop.

please know ur nation has our undying support and loyalty. i hope u are well, ur welcome on our Doorstyeps anytime. please warn me beforehand tho, i am skittish and prone to execution.,

anyways. anxiuously awaiting ur response. for i have not taken my Medication alien alien Pickle Review 1 Propranolol-from-1977-crystal-structure-3D-balls-side

Greetings Slop Monarch, queen

i am extremely falttered by your invitation! I love you truly it is a great honor to be contacted by you. unfortunately, i must decline - as the pickle princess, i am not lookoing  for "suitors" at the momer.  Pickle Review 1 1f60b
On the contrary i would love to visit slop kingdom! i look forward to our good international relations.
Pickle Review 1 Half-scottish-half-american-flag-scotland-usa-unisex-baseball-t-shirt
Hope to hear from you soon,
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Warm regars,
Thanks,
pickle princess Very Happy
froggiefresh
froggiefresh

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Alignment:
HP:

morvban398 enjoyed this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by froggiefresh Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:50 pm

ishtarfan39 wrote:
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

resealable

outro

hi friging fresh!!! alien geek geek youre pickle review is so cool!!!!! Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Smile Razz Razz i lopve pickles too so maybe we should have a pickele topgether pig pig pig pirat tongue just a thought lol! lol!

Tsukemono are Japanese pickled vegetables. They are often served with rice as a condiment or in bars with drinks. (pickles make people thirsty!) All sorts of vegetables can be made into tsukemono, including baby eggplant, cucumbers, or even chayote squash, but one of my favorites to make is Daikon radish. These Japanese Pickles are super fast, and give an umami jolt to anything you serve them with.

Any traditional Japanese meal, including breakfast, requires pickles. They are ubiquitous and plentiful. Many times you will see a small beautiful assortment, highlighting seasonal veggies. So you might see cucumbers and eggplant in the summer or cabbage and radish in the winter. Since Japanese people prefer plain unseasoned rice at meals, the accompanying food tends to be more aggressively seasoned. Japanese pickles adds the salty, sour, crunch factor that lifts the meal and makes it more satisfying. So here we go…

LET’S GET PICKLING!
Even if you’ve never pickled anything before, these Japanese Pickles are so easy. This is a quick pickle, meant to be consumed within a couple weeks. That means we won’t be worrying about sterilizing jars, sealing lids, fancy canning equipment, or anything intimidating. You can do this, I promise. The one thing you will need though is a sharp knife (or mandoline) to make very thin slices of the daikon radish. (Subscribe and get my free tutorial on how pros sharpen their knives)

JAPANESE PICKLES
While the process for making these quick pickles is similar to making western style cucumber pickles, there are some traditional ingredients that lend incredible savory depth and make them uniquely Japanese. Sometimes I find pickles to just have a harsh, one note,  vinegary flavor. Not these! Kombu adds a little briny taste of the ocean, soy sauce brings umami saltiness, and seasoned rice vinegar (which is much more mild in flavor than white vinegar) brings the gentle acidity that pickles the radish.

Daikon radish is used throughout Asia. It looks like an enormous white carrot, and has a very mild and almost sweet flavor. Also, depending on when it is harvested, it can also range from gentle to moderately peppery heat. One medium size radish or half a large one will be enough for this recipe. Start by peeling it, and then slicing it lengthwise into quarters:

While the daikon is being salted, occasionally mix and squeeze it to help release moisture. Then it’s time to make the pickle brine. Cut the kombu into small squares, or break it up into smaller pieces with your hands and add them to a bowl with with soy sauce, and rice vinegar.  If I have any dashi powder on hand, I’ll add a dash of that, but it’s great without it too.

Then I scoop out the daikon, squeezing out and discarding the extra liquid, and add the radish to the brine.

Once everything is mixed, I pack it into a jar and put in the fridge. The beauty of pickles is that the taste just gets more complex every day. These will keep at least two weeks in the fridge, though in my house they never last that long. Don’t forget to use a clean utensil when scooping it out-no fingers!

Japanese Pickles are excellent on grain bowls, or alongside Short Rib BBQ, Miso Salmon, or just with a bowl of steamed rice. If you’re feeling ambitious, go for a traditional Japanese breakfast with some simple veggies, maybe a fried egg or grilled fish, miso soup, and some pickles! Let us know what uses you find for them by leaving a comment below or tagging us @funkyasiankitchen. We love hearing from you!

ABOUT ME

Hi there!

I’m Kazu, a restaurateur in Miami who wants to show you all of the best tricks for creating restaurant quality Asian meals at home.

hi ishtar fan!!! i actually wanted to reach out to you and ask if you wanted to maybe review a pickle ( Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 ) with me? Embarassed
what are your plans in the upcoming weeks? we can fly you out to pickelville and we can collaborate! we could even make some " Tsukemono "
Ha ha guys just a little inside joke i have with fi Wink

any ways i let me know if you'r interested in hanging out in MY side of town.
i'll make it worth your time. *slides this across the table to you*
Pickle Review 1 Latest?cb=20231115222904

over, AND out: freaky fresh
froggiefresh
froggiefresh

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Alignment:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by morvban398 Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:06 pm

froggiefresh wrote:
morvban398 wrote:
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

resealable

outro

Greetings Slop Monarch, queen

i am extremely falttered by your invitation! I love you truly it is a great honor to be contacted by you. unfortunately, i must decline - as the pickle princess, i am not lookoing  for "suitors" at the momer.  Pickle Review 1 1f60b
On the contrary i would love to visit slop kingdom! i look forward to our good international relations.
Pickle Review 1 Half-scottish-half-american-flag-scotland-usa-unisex-baseball-t-shirt
Hope to hear from you soon,
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Warm regars,
Thanks,
pickle princess Very Happy

hello again. he/ . hi.!!!!!

thanks so much for the swift Correspondence. u are fast like teh Wind. do you like sonic?
Pickle Review 1 Sonicc10

dont worry abt the rejection. my [NEBULOUS RELATIVE] is a bit displeased, but he was always an ungrateful cunt :]. to save both money, and time. we will be executing him tmrw. it's been a while since we used the guillotine so lets hope it can still chop through his stupid worthless pig(pig)  neck lol! lol! lol!

love u loads piuckle princess. wish u a harmonious kingdom and lots of pickle products. lots of pickle people. "stay frekky stay freash." ~ The Process of Pickling (Friedrich Nietzsche)
morvban398
morvban398

CandyPoints : 287

Character sheet
Name: morven
Race: 7mph
Class: dunban
Alignment: wrap text
HP:
Pickle Review 1 Left_bar_bleue103/103Pickle Review 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (103/103)

Back to top Go down

Post by ishtarfan39 Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm

froggiefresh wrote:
ishtarfan39 wrote:
Pickle Review 1 IMG_7291

resealable

outro

LET’S GET PICKLING!

JAPANESE PICKLES
While the process for making these quick pickles is similar to making western style cucumber pickles, there are some traditional ingredients that lend incredible savory depth and make them uniquely Japanese. Sometimes I find pickles to just have a harsh, one note,  vinegary flavor. Not these! Kombu adds a little briny taste of the ocean, soy sauce brings umami saltiness, and seasoned rice vinegar (which is much more mild in flavor than white vinegar) brings the gentle acidity that pickles the radish.

While the daikon is being salted, occasionally mix and squeeze it to help release moisture. Then it’s time to make the pickle brine. Cut the kombu into small squares, or break it up into smaller pieces with your hands and add them to a bowl with with soy sauce, and rice vinegar.  If I have any dashi powder on hand, I’ll add a dash of that, but it’s great without it too.

ABOUT ME

Hi there!

hi ishtar fan!!! i actually wanted to reach out to you and ask if you wanted to maybe review a pickle ( Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 ) with me? Embarassed
what are your plans in the upcoming weeks? we can fly you out to pickelville and we can collaborate! we could even make some " Tsukemono "
Ha ha guys just a little inside joke i have with fi Wink

any ways i let me know if you'r interested in hanging out in MY side of town.
i'll make it worth your time. *slides this across the table to you*
Pickle Review 1 Latest?cb=20231115222904

over, AND out: freaky fresh

omg the picklle princess and me.... just a humble ピクルス大名... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed cat Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 Pickle Review 1 2aba9a9a562f464193b2b1c99a6a41e5 i hope youre in 02.02.2024 Pickle Review 1 1f496 LOVE Pickle Review 1 2764 and we can pickle it oput !!!!! bounce bounce Razz Razz Razz Razz
ishtarfan39
ishtarfan39
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum